Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I've been approved!!!


So yesterday I got the magic call, around 9am my doctors office called and said "is Wednesday October 10th a good day for your surgery?" I almost did not know what to say, in my mind I was thinking did I even get approved? My next thought was, Duh!! do you even have to ask any day that you have I will take. They also asked me if I could come in that day to go over somethings. So I had to tell work again that I would have to be gone most of the day, but at this point if they have a problem with how much I am gone I would rather find another job than postpone this for them.

My doctor that is going to do the surgery is the best. He is so kind and treats you like a normal person not just this overweight thing like other doctors do. Dr Todd is not LDS but is very religious and before we left he had a prayer with us so that the surgery would go good.

I can hardly wait for this life change. The next 30 days are going to be very challenging but oh so worth it. I have had to start a pre-surgery diet to get my liver ready for the surgery and let me just tell you it sucks! I basically have to do an Atkins diet all protein and no carbohydrates and I am still hungry like a fat person. I know I should be scared of the surgery because it is major surgery but I am not I just can't wait to have it.

4 comments:

---- said...

HEIDI!!! That is awesome!! I am super happy for you! You totally deserve this! We will pray for you as well to help the surgery go well! Make sure you up date this to let us know how the recovery is going for you!

Laura said...

Congrats again- I'm so excited for you! Of course we will all be praying for you but I am just so happy that this is FINALLY happening for you!
Your blog looks great.. looks like you figured the whole picture thing out!!

Laura said...

Heidi-
I saw that flannel and couldnt resist- its soo cute! The flannel is still on sale until Saturday so I may go back and get more. I am going to make 2 girl quilts and donate one of them..and keep one for a gift. Not sure yet which one will stay and which will go. I need to go get more boy stuff too since Stephanies having a boy.

Anonymous said...

HEIDI
greetings from california.
miss you lots and so happy that your finally in this stage of your life. you've waited so long for this.
send pics to show progress
your beaner friend