Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

After surgery.

I made it thru surgery!!! Now is the hard part. My mom and two of my sisters, Laura and Holly, came to visit me in the hospital after my surgery. I don't know how far out of surgery I was but I was having a hard time paying attention to them. They brought me flowers and cards but Scott had to read them to me. I did not hurt as bad as I thought I was going to. But they also gave me a magic button that I got to press every 10 minutes to make sure I did not hurt that bad. I was really kind of out of out but Scott was there for me the whole time. I had a great nurse that was so nice and helping me out but then she had to go. My next nurse was not the same, she was OK but not very friendly. That night I had to get up and go pee 3 times. The first time was not fun at all but it got a little better every time. I ended up in the renal care unit for some reason so I got a funky hospital room. I did not have my own bathroom, I had a room that I say was the RV room. My toilet just pulled out from under the sink and all I had was a curtain to pull out to give me privacy.

But other than that everything has gone pretty good, and know that I have a bit of recovery ahead of me.

3 comments:

Laura said...

I remember us all talking and laughing in your recovery room (well, not you so much.. mom, holly and me while you tried to stay awake) but I dont remember what we were laughing about?? And I wasnt even the one on drugs.

---- said...

I'm glad everything went well for you! I can picture it now...you drugged up and your Mom and sisters laughing. Like they even NEED a reason to start laughing! ha ha

Debbie said...

I'm happy the scary part is over. That's so funny you called it the "magic" button!