Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The day of Surgery.


Yesterday was one of the worst days I think I have ever had to go thru. Two words "bowel prep". I think that that experience is horrible, at noon you have to start drinking this stuff, 2 bottles, within an hour. The bottle says it has a "pleasing lemony taste", I don't know who thought it would be good to say that but I think that who ever wrote it should drink that stuff and see if it is pleasing to them and they would rethink that product label. ( I have to admit I did not got all of the second bottle down, I could not take anymore I had to throw it in the sink)

Then you get to take some lovely pills to make sure that the liquid you drank did not miss anything in you system.

Later that night my dad and my husband Scott gave me a priesthood blessing that I am so grateful for. They blessed me that I would get thru the surgery OK and that this whole process would be a success and that I might be able to have children one day because it was a righteous desire and not a selfish desire. Maybe one day soon this blessing will come pass.

So now is the day of my surgery. I have been kind of scared but haven't said to much because I didn't want to so fear, but I have had a small fear that I will not wake up from surgery. There are so many people who have this surgery and do great but you just don't want to be that 1 % that does not do good. But I health is getting worse and worse so my life would not be any better if I do not get this taken care of. It seems like no matter what time you get to the hospital you always have to wait. My doctor's office told me after several time changes that I would have my surgery at 9am, which I was not looking forward to very much because that meant I had to get there at 7am and since I live an hour away from the hospital leave at 6am. I am not a morning person, my family use to joke around that I was really a mole person in the morning because I don't like light or noise and don't want anyone to talk to me. Well I am not that bad anymore but I still do not like mornings!!

Well we made it to the hospital at 7:30am and around 8am they took me back to the pre-op area to get ready for surgery. And wu-hu, I lost another pound, they weighed me got the compression stockings on put my IV in and then layed the news on me, my surgery had been moved back to 12 noon. I got up that early for nothing!!!!

I was then taken to a holding cell ( = D ) to wait my turn. At 12:30 my doctor came in made sure everything was OK and said a little prayer with me and Scott and let me know it was time to go. I said my goodbyes to Scott hoping that it would not be the last time I saw him and was taken back to my surgery room.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I know that your blessing WILL come to pass...and Im hoping sooner rather than later as well!

---- said...

I totally know how you felt. I had to have surgery on my kidneys right after Kaden and I got married...and I had the same exact fear. I was bawling my eyes out while they were wheeling me away.