Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

The start of my journey...

Well like others I started this blog because of my sister. I did not think that I had enough going on in my life because I don't have any kids yet, and I did not feel I would be very interesting. I love looking at many different blogs to see the challenge that women go raising kids and maintaining there home and job.

But then my sister thought that it would be good if I blogged about my process of going thru gastric bypass surgery. She thought that some people out there might want to hear about it. I started this process almost a year ago with my doctor. Let me back track even further, I have been overweight most of my life. I know that I missed out on some normal high school milestones that most kids go thru, but I was probably a better kid because I was out of the mainstream. As I grew up the only thing I have ever wanted to do was get married and become a mom. I know a total step back from women's lib, but that is what I wanted. I got out of high school and meet my first husband. I had a very bad first marriage that only lasted a year and we didn't have any kids. (I thought I was just lucky)

Then several years later I met a wonderful man that I am married to today. So I thought now is the time we can start to have children. Long story Long, I went to the doctor and I have something called PCOS Poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Some of the things that PCOS does is make you gain weight, thin hair, facial hair, skin tags and basically everything a woman doesn't want to have a problem with. It also makes it very hard to have kids especially if you are over weight.

So that is it that is one of the main reasons I am going to have the gastric bypass surgery, I want children oh so very bad.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Wow, I had no idea you started a blog! Good for you!! Can I mention it on my blog and link you up??