Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dr. Todd's office....

My first appointment with Dr. Todd was 7/11/07 finally I was a step closer to having the surgery. The first thing that they do is take your picture from the front and the side. (what fat girl wants there picture taken) Then you have to fill out a survey that is very embarrassing but you want to be honest so that you won't get turned down for the surgery. Like how often do you get short of breath, how do you do in public situations, and some things I wont even tell my husband.

I was weighed, and they went over everything that was wrong with me. Dr. Todd was very nice though and knew that I want children, so he told me about other women who were in my same boat and how they had success and were able to get pregnant. And he said he wanted to do whatever it took to help me get the surgery. Then he gave me the list of all the test I had to do to get cleared for surgery.

- chest X-ray
- upper GI
- lab work (like 8 tubes of blood)
- abdomen ultrasound
- EKG
- treadmill stress test
- sleep test
- psych eval
- meet with a nutritionist
- pulmonary test

- last thing was to see Dr. Lucht to get "cleared" for surgery

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ugh, that sleep test was such a nightmare too! I will be SO mad if the insurance company is super lame and wants you to re-do anything!